Week 1 of the One Room Challenge is here! This is going to be my very first challenge, and I am so excited to be a part of it. You can follow along on my instagram, or check in weekly on the blog for updates.
WHAT IS THE ONE ROOM CHALLENGE?
The One Room Challenge is a decorating event for bloggers and home influencers that takes place twice a year. Each instagrammer/blogger can pick one room to redesign in 8 weeks and document it all on Instagram/their blog. We will update you every Wednesday with our weekly progress before we have the big reveal on June 8!
You can follow along with other One Room Challenge designers and check out their spaces here:
ALRIGHT, WHAT YOU’RE WAITING FOR….
WHAT ROOM WILL I BE DOING?
I am going to be doing my boys bedroom! It really was an easy decision picking their room. I want my boys to have a room that is finished, and not just thrown together. I feel like since we purchased our home we’ve just been throwing stuff together in there.
THE PRETTY UNINSPIRING BEFORE
Here we go! The current plan for the boys bedroom have been changed so many times of the past few weeks. I am interested to see how close we stay to this. I think what I am most excited for it painting window trim….even though I am so nervous!
Here’s what we have planned for the One Room Challenge featuring our boys shared bedroom.
1. New paint. Decide if I want to paint it all, do half chair rail paint/wallpaper combo.
2. Redesign lego closet for better shelves, and more storage
3. Storage solutions for toys
4. DIY Shelf system with desk (art desk space)
5. New dresser installation, drawer organization
7. Gallery Wall, some sort of wall display
8. New scones & fan
9. Porch/balcony remodel…possibly! We’ll see how we’re doing on time!
WEEK ONE GOALS
• Decluttering, cleaning, and emptying the space.
• Nail down a paint color. I know I am going to be very picky on this because not only is it going on walls, but trim and windows.
• Decide on exact wallpaper amount, if I decide to use it.
Join me here and on IG stories as I share my progress. Questions? Let me know below
!Alright friends, Until next week!