One of the most asked questions I receive on instagram is if we like our Farlov loveseats. We are only 6 months in, but the answer is a definite, YES! Lets touch on a few frequently asked questions, and some pros of the Ikea Farlov line.
Do you have the loveseat or sofa?
At the time of our purchase our IKEA did not have the sofa available so we decided to go with 2 love seats. I was worried about how this would work in our living room with the layout, but so far, so good. These don’t feel like love seats at all because of their size, and probably because of the depth. Had we gone with the sofa, we definitely would have had to skip buying a loveseat. In the end, I am so glad we did two love seats over 1 sofa. No regrets.
Is the material scratchy?
Admit-tingly, I was not a fan of the material, but I wanted white so I had to live with it. Several months later it doesn’t bother me at all. There is plenty of relaxing and snuggling on this couch, and the material is totally fine. Yes, down the road I may upgrade to a nicer fabric, but for now, with children, I am OK with this.
How do you keep them so white?
Don’t sit on them, duh! All joking aside, you bought a slipcover couch because you wanted something you could wash, and washing them is what we do! I have only washed our slipcovers once and we have had them for 5 months now. Maybe I should wash them more often, but they still look new to us! A few weeks ago there were some food marks on them, but they came right off with Folex Spray. When I did wash them the first time I used Oxi Clean and then air dry them when they are done. You can also use Scotch guard protectant spray but this isn’t something we have done.
• Slipcover! This was a non negotiable for us when we purchased our loveseats. Kids, pets, you know how it goes. I have to admit, though, that it was me that caused the first wash only a week in. I was very comfortably enjoying an evening on the couch and eating chocolate….we know where this is going. The slipcover was very easy to get it, but equally easy to put back on.
• Fabrics- Ikea only carries Farlov in 4 materials, but Bemz carries tons of options. I am so glad I knew this before I purchased it because it was something that ultimately made me go with the Farlov. Down the road, if I want to change the material, I can. The prices are pretty good, too!
• Depth- My husband is 6’5″ so something deeper, and with a tall back was on our radar. I don’t care about being able to touch because I usually throw my feet up to my side or cross.
• Look- You can have the designer look at a pocket-friendly cost. I really feel like these sofas work with so many design styles. I was comparing very similar sofas from Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware, but at this stage in our lives with kids, I felt it was better to go with the lower price option.
• FUN- My boys love when we push our couches together and have a cozy movie night. It’s like a big bed, and it’s so cozy. It would totally work if you had guests that were staying the night. The kids would think it was so fun pushed together, and I have had plenty of evenings where I have fallen asleep on them. So comfy!
Honestly, I have none. I love our couches and am so happy we purchased them. I love having 2 love seats and how cozy it feels in our living room. The only negative I can even think of would be stock issues. I check often and it seems to be very hit or miss if they are in stock. I’d love to get the chairs, but those haven’t been in stock either. Overall, 10/10 for us at the moment. We love them!